Training leaders to be great navigational coaches
What is Navigational Coaching?
Coaching is about supporting others to be more effective in getting from place to place. Place can refer to: productivity, leadership effectiveness, earnings, relationships, job or position status, a sense of fulfillment and more.
Coaching helps others to navigate; not by steering or charting a course for them, but by supporting them to navigate for themselves.
This program explores how a coach addresses the 5 major navigational challenges faced by individuals in the workplace (and in life):
- Clarifying where you want to go
- Understanding where they are now
- Plotting a course forward and committing to action
- Receiving positive reinforcement
- Knowing when to course correct
This involves thinking differently, learning new skills, listening to intuition, exercising restraint, developing wisdom and being willing to practice.
Why Learn Navigational Coaching?
- Teaches skills that are immediately applicable
- Simple, practical, effective
- Combines key principles and skills with hands- on practice
- Clear, fun, memorable, useable
Who Should Take This Training?
- Organizational leaders interested in enhancing their capacity to develop others through coaching
- Senior Executives, Managers
- Newly promoted Team Leaders
Outcomes - What to Expect
- Learn the key principles that define successful coaching interactions
- Benchmark a current level of coaching effectiveness
- Understand when to apply a coaching approach
- Practice key principles and skills and receive feedback on coaching
- Learn how to give both positive and corrective